- Do you own a Nikon camera?
- Do like to share your photos with friends and family?
- Need a cheap way to share these images privately and en mass?
If you answered “yes” to these questions then Nikon Image Space is for you. Nikon Image Space is a photo sharing service provided by camera manufacturer Nikon for use by its customers.
It’s free to sign up. Free accounts have 2GB of image storage space. There is also a subscription version of this site if you need more than 2GB.
Photographs can be organized into to albums that you can share or unshare with the click of a button. Shared albums get their own url which you can send to whomever you want. Recipients will then only be able to see the images you specifically shared with them.
And if you want to geek out there’s also a Report section which provides you with statistics such as:
- Number of Photos
- Number of Views (from those you send the album links to)
- Which cameras and lenses you used the most to take the uploaded images. And how this compares to the overall NIS user population.
- Your Average Focal Length, Aperture, and Shutter Speed and how each of these compares to the overall NIS user population.
- And even what camera and lens you use the most vs. the overall NIS population
As the official event photographer for my office I use the site regularly to upload images from our corporate events and share them with executives. Plus it comes in handy for sharing images from family outings and hobbies, too.